Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utility Coal Operator - Gillette, Wy
at Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Responsible for demonstrating safe and accurate train handling practices required to facilitate the loading/staging of unit coal trains. Must be done in accordance with written or verbal instructions from designated supervisors.
- Provides clear communication of required train movement instructions between the Locomotive Operator and Ground when assigned to either position.
- Operates switches/locomotive to permit correct train movement for safe and expeditious switching of rail cars according to company policies.
- Sets handbrakes, couples air hoses, and performs all other train handling functions required for safe operating practices according to company policies.
- Conducts accurate physical checks of train sets, prepares accurate train lists, and delivers to appropriate control tower personnel.
- Performs required vehicle inspection on each shift; completes vehicle mainenance forms.
- Assists railroad crews with various rail-related tasks to facilitate loading/staging of unit trains.
- Other related duties as may be assigned to meet specific customer requirements.
Education Required or Equivalent: Experience:High school diploma or GED
Related Experience Required: 2 years work experience
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.