Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic, Lewis and Lewis Asphalt
at Kilgore Companies
Lewis and Lewis has an immediate opening for a Mechanic. This position is responsible for maintenance and servicing of fleet vehicles and machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, pressure gauges, as well as multi-meters
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engines, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Must be willing to in various field locations outside of Rock Springs.
- Is responsible for supplying own tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing between 60-80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stopping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt