Laramie County Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACC Library Assistant/ Aide
at Laramie County Community College
- # of Openings
The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
The Library Assistant position contributes to the overall operation and function of the ACC library in assisting students and patrons with inquires and technical support. This is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting patrons with the circulation process, shelving books, managing library cards, managing inventory and collection processes, assisting in searches for materials, helping patrons with computer usage and printing, maintaining supplies, general office duties, answering phones, maintaining a clean and organized work environment, and providing customer service.
Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
Start Date: Position is open until filled.
Compensation: $8.92/hr. Commensurate with experience and education.
Start Date: September, 2019.
- Assist library patrons and students with the search for library materials and the circulation process
- Answer phone calls, take messages, transfer calls, and give accurate information about campus services and locations
- Check library materials in and out, assist with the collection and return procedures
- Operate Sirsi circulation software
- Navigate WYLDcat for item searches
- Make library cards, accept fines and record transactions
- Shelve materials, organize library areas, and assist in keeping a clean and organized facility
- Assist with technical services including materials processing, inventory, and collection maintenance
- Assist students and patrons with technological issues such as printing, scanning, audio, projector, or computer issues
- Perform other projects: light typing, filing, data entry, maintain patron supplies, operate office machines, keep walkways free of obstacles, answer phones, and other office duties
- Monitor students’ use of the library computer lab, assist with basic hardware and software questions/problems, especially concerning EagelEye and Desire2Learn/LMS
- Unlock and Lock ACC building on weekends and when requested by supervisor
Upholding LCCC Values and Culture:
It is the foremost requirement of all LCCC employees to uphold and abide by LCCC’s Core and Aspirational Values. Being our best in every moment is an expectation of all employees on our Campus and may sometimes necessitate action outside of one’s primary area of responsibility. http://lccc.wy.edu/StrategicPlan/index.aspx#goal1
- Brings enthusiasm to work every day
- Enthusiastically supports a decision once it has been made
- Shows eagerness and excitement when taking on new projects
- Leads by being the best at what he/she does
- Serves as a role model for our mission and values
- Strives to do what is right, regardless of personal consequences
- Accepts ownership of his/her work and the problems that may come with it
- Demonstrates integrity and a sincere willingness to be accountable
- Follows through on commitments
- Admits to mistakes
Desire to Make a Difference
- Creates a work environment where others feel that they count and make a difference
- Creates an environment where others can excel
- Shows appreciation for the contributions of others
- Demonstrates complete commitment to the success of our institution
- Actively looks for ways to help others achieve success
Commitment to Quality:
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve
- Strictly follows established procedures and adheres to all work standards
- Provides useful feedback to others to help them improve
- Does not accept mediocre performance or results by himself/herself or others
- Shows pride in LCCC and is proactive in protecting our good reputation
- Demonstrates innovation and resourcefulness in order to accomplish goals
- Proactively looks for ways to improve organizational performance and solve problems
- Challenges oneself and others for the good of the institution
- Removes barriers to success when needed
- Serves as a champion for new ideas
- Engages in open-minded discourse with civility and objectivity
- Considers the viewpoints of others when making decisions
- Remains open to differences of opinion
- Considers all sides of an issue when making decisions
- Shows sincere interest in the ideas and opinions of others
An employee in this position may perform some of these responsibilities on an infrequent basis
- Occasional travel to trainings, conferences, or campus events
- Assist in campus projects or events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to professionally respond to questions, complaints, and requests in a customer service setting
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may require weekends, mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Knowledge of basic computer software use and hardware functions
- Ability to read and interpret instructions in oral, written, or diagrammatical form (e.g., a flow chart of a process)
- Skills and abilities to perform as an organized, self-starter, and able to handle expeditiously, accurately, and confidentially the rapid receipt of communications from all sources—written, email, voice mail, one-on-one with attention to detail; able to act on own initiative while exercising reasonable judgment
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people, in one-to-one and small group settings – either face-to-face, by telephone, or by other electronic means – ability to communicate in an informative manner, effectively listen, and be able to handle escalating situations with concern and confidence
· To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, an employee must be able to maintain appropriate composure and necessary confidentiality with regard to both past and current employee, student, and donor data; documents; issues; etc., and respect privacy needs of employees, students, donors
- The ability to comply with highly inflexible deadlines is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; there will be multiple occurrences of sudden, urgent task completion required
- While performing the essential functions of this position a variable work schedule may be required including long work days, evenings, and weekends as needed
- There may be occurrences of interacting with employees and/or students, past employees and/or students, members of the general public, and others who express opinions, may exhibit strong emotions, which will require the employee to interact professionally, diplomatically, and appropriately in such situations
· While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work areas as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities
- There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged sitting and personal computer use, which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor
· An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of customer service experience
- Computer experience including working knowledge of MS Office software applications, email, and internet
- Preferred knowledge of SIRSI/DYNIX integrated library system
- Two years of customer service experience in a library or educational setting
- Knowledge of basic troubleshooting for general office equipment printers, scanners, computers, faxes, etc…
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.