Laramie County Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Library Assistant, Part-Time, LCCC Students Only
at Laramie County Community College
- # of Openings
The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
This is a part-time temporary position available for LCCC Students only.
Work in a library setting, assisting patrons with circulation processes while maintaining a clean and efficient work environment.
Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
This position is available for LCCC students only.
Compensation: $9.56/hr. Commensurate with experience and education.
Start Date: Fall/2019.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Assist library patrons with circulation processes
- Check material in and out
- Operate Sirsi circulation software
- Navigate WYLDcat for item searches
- Make library cards
- Accept fines and record transactions
- Shelve material
- Assist with technical services including materials processing, inventory, and collection maintenance
- Perform other projects: light typing, filing, data entry, maintain patron supplies, operate office machines, keep walkways free of obstacles, answer phones, and other office duties
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop and reach upper levels of shelves
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to provide efficient and courteous customer service
- Ability to operate telephone, computer and computer printers, photocopiers, scanners, electric typewriter, telefax and laminating machine; including ability to troubleshoot basic problems
- Clerical skills include ability to file alphabetically and numerically in an accurate and efficient manner and perform light data entry and typing
To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, an employee must be able to maintain appropriate composure and necessary confidentiality with regard to both past and current employee, student, and donor data; documents; issues; etc., and respect privacy needs of employees, students, donors
- The ability to comply with highly inflexible deadlines is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; there will be multiple occurrences of sudden, urgent task completion required
- There may be occurrences of interacting with employees and/or students, past employees and/or students, members of the general public, and others who express opinions, may exhibit strong emotions, which will require the employee to interact professionally, diplomatically, and appropriately in such situations
· While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work areas as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities
- There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged sitting and personal computer use, which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor
· An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Computer experience including working knowledge of MS Office software applications, email, and Internet
- Current LCCC student enrolled in courses for the employed semester
- Preferred knowledge of SIRSI/DYNIX integrated library system
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.