Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronics Design and Development Engineer
- Job Reference
- No. of Openings
- No. of Openings Remaining
- Machine Tool Products Division
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-Time
Renishaw’s Machine Tool Products division is a world leader in the design and development of inspection probe technology and metrology systems for machined parts. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Electronics Design and Development Engineer to join our global HQ in South Gloucestershire.
This role will focus on the design and development of machine tool measurement technology within a current products engineering environment. This will include working in close liaison with the internal customers across our local, European and international sites. Therefore, working well in a team environment and being comfortable with communicating clearly across all levels of professionalism is paramount.
Our products and services are used in applications as diverse as the automotive and aerospace industries to military and consumer electronics. We operate in an environment that promotes autonomy and creativity, with people who can deliver quality within set timelines.
With us, you will be given the opportunity to elevate your skills in a highly focused engineering environment where quality is central. Time will be spent learning about our products and technologies, developing designs whilst supporting multiple projects at one given time.
Role and responsibilities
The role is within current products support of machine tool probes, which are used to deliver significant cost savings, and improvements in quality, for all applications using CNC machine tools throughout many industries.
This will encompass a variety of engineering activities such as:
- Reactive support for manufacture and assembly of current products, ensuring processes are maintained to the required design and quality standards
- Liaising with customers and subsidiaries, ensuring technical and quality concerns are managed, investigated and reported efficiently
- Continuous improvement of existing product lines including: upgrades, obsolescence and cost reduction projects
- Working in a dynamic team to support innovative products and the processes and equipment necessary to manufacture
- Collaborating with the embedded software and mechanical design teams
- Capturing, analysing and documenting critical technical requirements for product development
- You'll hold an HND/Degree or proven industrial design experience within a electronic design environment
- Working knowledge of microcontrollers and DSPs i.e. Microchip PICs, Atmel AVRs, Analog Devices’ SHARC/Blackfin
- An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
- Demonstrable design and verification experience
- Knowledge of machine tool products and their applications
- Experience and knowledge of the product development lifecycle
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who has a logical and systematic approach to electronic design with a clear understanding of the quality requirements of tasks undertaken.
The individual in this role must have attention to detail and have an appreciation of the commercial implications in decision making, a proven ability to multi-task on several projects at any given time are key attributes to the role. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills;
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as individually
- Ability to analyse information and gather data allowing effective decision making
- Working experience of problem solving tools and techniques
The successful applicant will be required to liaise with customers and subsidiaries around the world, as well as Renishaw’s manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland and India, therefore building relationships and problem-solving skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance scheme subject to application and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.