State of Wyoming A&I Human Resources Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Wyoming A&I Human Resources Division
- Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position performs all phases of custodial work on the Wyoming Life Resource Center (WLRC) campus. Join our team and enjoy a career in state government. We offer competitive pay and an excellent state benefits package.
Human Resource Contact: 307-335-6785
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.DUTIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING FOR HOUSEKEEPING:
- Perform all phases of custodial work as assigned by supervisor.
- Determine appropriate chemical solutions of cleaning and disinfection products.
- Perform infection control tasks in the maintenance and cleaning of buildings and client living areas.
- Scrub and wax floors. Hand scrub as necessary. Dust mop and burnish floors.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms and refill soap, tissue and paper supplies.
- Properly dispose of contaminated items.
- Disinfect isolation rooms.
- Report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Complete recordkeeping and work orders for required repairs and supplies.
- Vacuum carpets, window sills, furniture, screens, etc.
- Dust furniture, clean upholstery and carpets.
- Clean walls, doors, light switches, fixtures, etc.
- Empty and clean trash cans, bug catchers, etc.
- Sweep sidewalks clear of debris around buildings and shovel snow when necessary.
- Clean and wash windows, inside and out.
- Clean and dust registers, grills and grates.
- Other duties, as assigned
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more years of work experience as a Custodian.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and practices and the ability to safely use all custodial equipment.
- Knowledge of cleansers, supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of state and facility policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of universal precautions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and proper disposal of biohazard materials.
- Knowledge of fire safety and evacuation plans and procedures.
- Ability to work and clean around sensitive equipment such as computers and medical equipment.
- Ability to follow directions and work safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work positively with a variety of people in different atmospheres.
- Knowledge of basic math and the ability to properly mix chemicals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education:High School DiplomaExperience:0-6 months of progressive work experience (typically in Housekeeping)OREducation & Experience Substitution:1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Housekeeping)Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:None
- Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to safely lift and move heavy and large items (requires twisting, bending, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling).
- Ability to climb ladders and work in a variety of locations and on a variety of surfaces.
- Exposure to hazardous materials, bodily fluids, chemicals, biohazards and the elements.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- A background check, including fingerprinting, will be completed through the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wyoming Department of Family Services and the F.B.I. for every successful applicant.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be conducted on safety-sensitive positions. Drug testing will be conducted on any position if reasonable suspicion exists.
- The Wyoming Department of Health offers an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, state retirement plan, deferred compensation program and longevity pay.
- Supplemental Information
048-Department of Health - Behavioral Health Division - Wyoming Life Resource Center
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.