Sweetwater County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head Custodian/Maintenance, Outlying Schools
at Sweetwater County School District
Job Reference #: 3282
Openings as of 10/18/2019
- Head Custodian/Maintenance, Outlying Schools JobID: 3282
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert Middle School (Wamsutter)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
When Filled Job Title: Head Custodian/Maintenance, Outlying Schools
Supervises: Ten or less employees.
Terms of Employment:
12 Months per year
Full Time, 40 hours per week
*District housing is available
Nature and Scope of Job:
To perform duties of supervision, operation, care, cleaning, maintenance, and security of assigned facility and site to provide a clean, comfortable, safe, attractive environment to promote the mission of the Sweetwater County School District.
1. Provides direct supervision of assigned personnel daily.
2. Organizes, maintains, and participates in a daily schedule of work assignments for all building custodial personnel.
3. Assists in verifying appropriate building personnel time records.
4. Assists in preparing custodial supply and equipment budget annually.
5. Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies and maintenance items on a monthly report sent to the Director of Custodial Services.
6. Works with sales people, their equipment, and custodial chemicals.
7. Conducts periodic training on equipment and materials for assigned personnel.
8. Accepts department responsibilities for daily security of facility.
9. Operates physical plant systems daily.
10. Identifies minor maintenance requests and submits work orders for major repairs.
11. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication skills at all times when working with District staff, students, and members of the community.
12. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
13. Participates in in-service training programs as appropriate.
14. Assist in procuring necessary supplies and materials.
15. Performs yard care, such as: clean up of rubbish, trimming of trees, mowing and watering of grounds necessary for a safe and attractive campus.
16. Ability to trouble shoot and repair defective equipment (small scale jobs).
17. Ability to work off scaffolding, ladders, and erect both.
18. Work unscheduled hours as needed.
19. Supervises athletic event setup and cleanup.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Performs snow removal when required.
2. Schedules and performs weekend and holiday building checks.
3. Provides assistance to building staff members on request.
4. Ability to act with general instructions and learn tasks of considerable variety and complexity.
5. Assists with the performance evaluations under principal direction annually.
6. Works at other buildings upon request.
7. Responds to security breeches in the building.
8. Supervises chemical operations for water treatment systems and maintains the necessary endorsement/license where applicable.
9. Knowledge of general maintenance, proper use of safety equipment, and keeping work areas clean.
10. Ability to communicate clearly with District employees and the public.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB--
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Requires 2 years commercial cleaning and maintenance experience.
Experience as a school custodian with maintenance experience or the equivalent in custodial/maintenance service in other institutions and firms.
Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques in custodial/maintenance minor repairs.
Supervisory experience would be beneficial.
Preferred candidate has 2 years commercial cleaning and maintenance experience.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience or Formal Training)
High school graduate or equivalent
Reading ability adequate to follow directions resulting in making effective work decisions.
Maintain a valid drivers license. (CDL as directed by the building principal)
Plow Truck Weed Eater
Wet Vac Automatic Scrubber
Vacuum Hand Truck
Extractor Hand Tools
Scrubber/Buffer Wax Applicators
Portable Power Tools Dollies
Washer (commercial) Ladders
Dryer (commercial) Scaffolding
All equipment related to maintenance responsibilities, such as: automobile, hand tools, power tools,
mechanic tools, and tools required to perform the various jobs assigned.
Lower body strength to stand/walk throughout work shift.
Upper body strength to lift 50 pounds and carry 50 feet.
Climb various scaffolding and ladders somewhat frequently relative to other tasks.
Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, and reach.
Moderate exposure to weather extremes of minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequent exposure to sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust.
Frequent exposure to various supplies containing hazardous materials or chemicals.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full Time (Twelve Month Year). Salary to be established by the Director of Custodial Services, Principal, Director of Human Resources and approved by the Superintendent.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy on evaluation of Non-Professional (Classified) Personnel.