Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Old Faithful Assistant Maintenance Manager - Year Round - Yellowstone National Park, Wy
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 1 week ago(10/7/2019 7:46 AM)
Assistant Maintenance Manager - (Old Faithful - Year Round) - Yellowstone National Park, Wy
Yellowstone National Park Lodges is now hiring for an Assistant Maintenance Manager!
The Assistant Maintenance Manager is a full-time, year-round position located Yellowstone National Park. This Position reports directly to the Old Faithful Maintenance Manager. The Assistant Maintenance Manager will assist the Old Faithful (OF) Maintenance Manager with the supervision and management of all OF maintenance employees.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Affordable Company housing
What You Are Looking For
Are you interested in working and living in Yellowstone National Park? Are you drawn to the unique challenges of working in a remote location? Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
Equal Employment Opprtunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To assist the Old Faithful (OF) Maintenance Manager with:
1. The supervision and management of all OF maintenance employees.
2. The scheduling of work and scheduling of employees to accomplish that work.
3. Providing proactive, timely and accurate information to all staff and all internal or external customers.
4. Coordinating responses to service requests.
5. Maintaining a spirit of cooperation with all persons contacted during the course of performing assigned duties.
6. Ensuring maintenance activities are accomplished by staff and contractors in a safe, environmentally responsible, efficient and effective manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
7. Review of proposed construction drawings and specifications to ensure desired operation and serviceability.
8. Development and continuous improvement of preventative maintenance procedures and documentation of their scheduled completion.
9. Accurate documentation of all labor and materials utilized by location maintenance personnel on work orders assigned in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
10. Ensuring adherence to Xanterra’s sustainability program.
11. The Assistant Maintenance Manager will perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. General knowledge of all trades common to facility maintenance and operation.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. The ability and willingness to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
4. Successful experience supervising groups of ten or more maintenance, construction or facility operations personnel.
5. Highly developed organizational skills and the ability and confidence to adjust priorities as conditions and circumstances dictate.
6. Self-motivation and a proven track record of working independently with limited supervision.
7. Knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) safety and health standards.
8. Above average computer skills to include proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite and experience with at least one CMMS.
9. The ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
1. This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations including a clean-shaven face and medical screening.
2. Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
3. Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, bending, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
4. Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
6. Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a safe driving record for the past 3 years.
• Acts as the Location Maintenance Manager, when required.
• Supervises location maintenance personnel.
• Ability to suspend work in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Promote Xanterra Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.